This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Unregistered-plenahan1@verizon.net 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

barbara1212
    Participant

How do I repair / resheath my wood marine bulkhead? I need step-by-step explicit directions as to how to do this. Some of the wood planks on my bulkhead are starting to rot, and also soil is sifting through the existing planks into the lagoon. A explicit how-to-do-this-yourself video would be great. Explicit directions would also be extremely helpful. Cannot afford to hire someone to do this job…approx 180′ wood bulkhead in NJ. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Bruno1949
    Participant

by yourself? I admire your ambition but it’s not a job most of us would even think of taking on.

The wall can’t be repaired/replaced without removing the fill behind it whether it’s dirt or gravel or rocks. The timbers used are heavy and buried deeper than you would think. There are also probably sleeper timbers going back into the yard to hold the wall in place.

This in NOT a DIY project, at least not unless you own your own a Bobcat and other pieces of equipment. The lumber alone is going to be expensive. There isn’t any ‘cheap and easy’ way to fix a failing seawall. You are going to be moving many many cubic yards of material and doing some very heavy lifting. Not to mention that you will probably have to get permits and EPA approval before you even lift a shovel.

Whether you can afford it or not, this is a job for a professional. Sorry.

itsreallyconcrete
    Participant

what we’re talking about,,, resheathing’s done from the front but shouldn’t be confused w/rebuilding,,, perhaps this one’s different from all the others i’ve worked on – btw, they were blt as you post’d w/deadmen & piling,,, in ny AND nj ! ! !

if no one wants to follow our advice, we can only wonder why at times.

itsreallyconcrete.com
    decorative conc artisan
    conc repairs

itsreallyconcrete
    Participant

costs,,, i’d expect the contractors’re buying mtls for less than you’ll be charg’d

itsreallyconcrete.com
    decorative conc artisan
    conc repairs

Unregistered-plenahan1@verizon.net

We have deep holes behind our wood bulkhead. We need to fill them, but getting too much advice from too many people of just how we should do it. We have to do it ourselves. Can you please tell me how to do this and what materials to fill them with.

Thank you,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.