I have been living in Toronto for the past few years. There was an incident near our residence. One of my neighbour’s house caught on fire last month. It was a difficult time for them. Luckily, no one got injured during the incident. Immediately they informed the firefighters. Nothing much happened but minor damages were caused inside the house. The next day, an inspection was done to figure out the source of the fire. The reason behind the house fire was the outdated wiring. The wiring couldn’t withstand the increased usage of electrical appliances. I don’t think like rewiring a house in Toronto is that expensive. This incident wouldn’t have occurred if they had done an electrical inspection once in a while and get the electrical installations corrected if needed. This incident can be a lesson for everyone. Be aware of the fact that an outdated electrical system can cause fire often. If a home is old, it might not have the wiring capacity to handle the increased usage of electrical appliances like computers, wide-screen televisions, microwaves and other electrical devices. So friends, once in a while have an inspection at home, check the wiring and electrical system at home and make sure that your home is electrically safe.
Hope this helped!