Pay your contractor by credit card when you can. Under federal and state law, in most cases, you have the right to assert any claims or defenses you have against the seller of the goods or services against the credit card company. This generally means that if the goods or services are defective, you can refuse to pay the credit card company until the problem is corrected.
While paint, dust, and soil are the most common lead hazards, other lead sources also exist.
– Drinking water, your home might have plumbing with lead or lead solder.
– The job, if you work with lead, you could bring it home on your hands or clothes.
– Old painted toys and furniture.
– Food and liquids stored in lead crystal or lead-glazed pottery or porcelain.
– Lead smelters or other industries that release lead into the air.
– Hobbies that use lead, such as making pottery or stained glass, or refinishing furniture.
– Folk remedies that contain lead, such as “greta” and “azarcon” used to treat an upset stomach.