Although it is not a web site you would normally turn to for home improvement tips, Shape.com has a great article about creating a healthy home office. Here are the tips summarized:
- Soothing colors – Use muted tones instead of bright colors and don’t use white.
- Ergonomic workstation
- Fully adjustable seating
- A footrest
- Hands-free headset
- Heavy duty paper shredder
- Natural elments – Put in potted plants and fresh flowers
- A calming foundation – Meaning, one of those tabletop water fountains
- Proper lighting – The computer screen should be brighter than the overhead light.
- One planner/calendar Read detailed explantions of each point at Shape.com. Also, you may want to check out some relevant home office articles on our site: Creating “Creating Your Home Office Plan” as well as one showing you how to make your home office more energy-efficient called “The Green Office.”
Credit: Shape.com article