renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Zinsco Panels and Breaker Problems
Login | Register

Zinsco Panels and Breaker Problems

Posted by Jim Simmons on April 16th, 2003 02:13 PM
In reply to Zinsco Electrical Panels by Judy DiDonato on February 27th, 2001 12:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Yes.....FPE No-trip by doug seibert on 08/16/2004
> ALWAYS ask the advice of a licensed electrician ! by doug seibert on 08/17/2004
> Zinsco replacement breaker by doug seibert on 06/07/2006

We Need Your Help. We are trying to compile information on a couple of things for improving safety in our industry.

1) I am also trying to compile information and pictures of Zinsco panels and breakers. There is a lot of information about the Federal Pacific brand problems, but little to none on Zinsco. Do you have a first hand story of a serious problem - write it up. Do you have some pictures - send them in. You can get the information to me mrelectricoly@msn.com or to: Daniel Friedman, American Home Service / American micro Publish
Construction Inspection & Consulting/Professional Writing, Editing, Publishing
dfriedman@inspect-ny.com http://www.inspect-ny.com/

THANK YOU!!!!!

Jim Simmons, Master Electrician, Olympia, Washington

PS: I already have quite a few pictures if anyone needs them.

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL INTERESTED PARTIES

1) Any pictures of burnt wires because of a light fixture, or burnt fixtures. I am trying to get the code changed to require that light fixtures have a thermal cutout in them like recessed cans. I have seen many instances where over lamped fixtures have burnt wires and even the ceiling. This is a very inexpensive fix to a serious problem. You can get the information to me mrelectricoly@msn.com or, IAEI is interested in this one also and you can send the information directly to them if you like at iaei@iaei.org

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC