> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Zinsco Panels and Breaker Problems
Login | Register

Zinsco Panels and Breaker Problems

Posted by Jim Simmons on April 16th, 2003 02:13 PM
In reply to Zinsco Electrical Panels by Judy DiDonato on February 27th, 2001 12:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Yes.....FPE No-trip by doug seibert on 08/16/2004
> ALWAYS ask the advice of a licensed electrician ! by doug seibert on 08/17/2004
> Zinsco replacement breaker by doug seibert on 06/07/2006

We Need Your Help. We are trying to compile information on a couple of things for improving safety in our industry.

1) I am also trying to compile information and pictures of Zinsco panels and breakers. There is a lot of information about the Federal Pacific brand problems, but little to none on Zinsco. Do you have a first hand story of a serious problem - write it up. Do you have some pictures - send them in. You can get the information to me or to: Daniel Friedman, American Home Service / American micro Publish
Construction Inspection & Consulting/Professional Writing, Editing, Publishing

Jim Simmons, Master Electrician, Olympia, Washington

PS: I already have quite a few pictures if anyone needs them.

1) Any pictures of burnt wires because of a light fixture, or burnt fixtures. I am trying to get the code changed to require that light fixtures have a thermal cutout in them like recessed cans. I have seen many instances where over lamped fixtures have burnt wires and even the ceiling. This is a very inexpensive fix to a serious problem. You can get the information to me or, IAEI is interested in this one also and you can send the information directly to them if you like at

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC