> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > zinc solution
Login | Register

zinc solution

Posted by tomh on May 1st, 2003 04:52 PM
In reply to Green Mold on vinyl siding by Laa Laa on May 1st, 2003 03:55 PM [Go to top of thread]

The green is not mold, but algae or lichen that is able to find enough moisture to live on the siding. It creates its own food from photosynthesis. You can turn the lights out on this by using a zinc spray, or by hanging a zinc strip where rain will wash residues of zinc down on the slime. Needless to say, zinc is toxic to the slime, but not to you, pets, or most plantings. Can buy products at Home Depot and most garden centers.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC