> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > zbrick from the devil
Login | Register

zbrick from the devil

Posted by Gail on February 10th, 2002 10:21 AM
In reply to You have a real problem here by Steve: on January 21st, 2002 05:31 PM [Go to top of thread]

I am currently doing a demo for a friend who is going to come and do some work for me at cost in a month. I have ZBRICK in my kitchen inbetween the cupboards above and below. First, I would like to candidly state that whoever invented this stuff needs to be hung, if it isn't going around or near a fireplace, it dosen't belong ANYWHERE. What I have been told to do is: use a crowbar and hammer, gently remove the bricks around the cupboards, along splash of counter top, leave about 1 1/2" to 2" of clean surface on each (below cupboards,above counter). Take a chisel and literally punch out the remainder of the area that I am going to replace with drywall. We will mud and tape to finish the wall. I had to choices, do it this way, OR take cupboards down and totally replace the wall. My biggest problem right now is getting rid of the residue mortar on the drywall I want to keep "alive". I am getting new counter tops so the bottom part isn't as big an issue as below the cupboards. After messing with this stuff, trust me, I was ready to take a reciprocating saw and cut the whole wall out. Hey, I'm a girl, who thinks of the studs and electrical wiring behind the walls??? ME Would a dremmel tool with possibly a polishing head maybe work to remove this residue mortar? I'm glad I found this site as I am dealing with a LOT of issues that are listed here, this being the most major one of all!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC