> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Your answers Tom
Login | Register

Your answers Tom

Posted by Camille on May 4th, 1998 05:42 PM
In reply to Some Questions by Tom Rawcliffe on May 4th, 1998 01:41 AM [Go to top of thread]

The house is in the Pocono Mts, near Lake Wallenpaupack, it is 22 years old, one story on a crawl space. There are vents around the perimeter and they can be opened. The house was unoccupied for approx 3 years., there is no basement, a crawl space that can be accessed, with dirt floor, no plastic or other covering. the center beam is triple 2X, the sill plates are ok. The insulation was added when the house was built. It is a modular.

I hope this answers your questions, and you can help. I would still like to raise the house, but climbing stairs may pose a bit of difficulty to me. My idea would be to replace the joists with pressure treated wood, new seamless gutters, plastic on the dirt floor to hold down the dampness, possibly french drains around the house, with new tar or rubber membrane with rigid insulation, Remove the present insulation and replace with rigid foam insulation. How am I doing? Appreciate any suggestions you can give.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC