> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Your advice (here and on Citristrip)
Login | Register

Your advice (here and on Citristrip)

Posted by Chris on January 22nd, 2001 05:21 PM
In reply to So you are aware........ by Henry in MI on January 22nd, 2001 04:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

Has been excellent. It's really great that you focus on safety as much as getting the job done. You also recommend other methods of stripping if citristrip isn't the best option. HY only touts the greatness of Peel Away. Peel Away 1 is indeed a good product for what it is supposed to do, but the actual product can be made for 1/4 the price. Unfortunately, both are highly caustic. My beef with HY and Peel Away is that it is supposed to be a miracle silver bullet. In stripping paint, few things are. I used Peel Away 7 and spent a lot of money on a gallon of stuff which doesn't nearly remove as many layers as it claims. It also leaves a chalky film on the woodwork. For repainting, Peel Away I will work as long as the surface is well neutralized afterwards.

Henry, I often check the citristrip site to see what advice you have as people come there with many different projects. The difference is that you are an objective voice whereas the Peel Away employees want you to buy their product thinking it will solve all your stripping needs. At $50 a gallon for PA 7, this is an expensive lesson.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC