> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > youngstown kitchen sink
Login | Register

youngstown kitchen sink

Posted by Doug Tilton on March 6th, 2003 03:46 PM
In reply to Youngstown kitchen by Teri on January 23rd, 2003 05:20 PM [Go to top of thread]

I don't know what the sink is worth. I think worth is dependent on need or demand. I bought a house several years ago with a 1955 Youndstown kitchen and planned on tearing it out as it had been painted and was looking pretty dated and I wanted to add more floor and wall cabinets. I later decided to keep it and set out to try and find additional cabinets. I ran an ad in a local classified booklet and received several calls. No one knew what they were worth. A family offered me some cabinets for free so I took gladly them and have spent months stripping, sanding and repainting them. I am trying to get them to look as close to the original period (1950's) look as possible. My kitchen cabinets were originally yellow and there is a yellow sink. I am now painting them white and I would very much like to find a white sink to fit my base cabinet so your question caoght my eye. I am sure that a 1922 sink would not fit my 1955 cabinet. My sink is designed with stainless steel trim amd is set into the base rather than on top of it as I have seem in the 1940's Youngstown Kitchen units. I should tell you that a couple of years ago I saw a completely restored youngstown kitchen for sale on ebay and it seems to me they were asking quite a lot of money.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC