> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > You're Right, But ...
Login | Register

You're Right, But ...

Posted by Jay J on July 6th, 2000 07:42 AM
In reply to Adding vinyl siding by Kimberly Roulias on July 5th, 2000 03:50 PM [Go to top of thread]

If you don't want the maintenance of keeping it 'nice', you go w/something else. I do like cedar too but I'd rather spend the time at the pool w/my kids. I have a pressure-treated deck that takes 3-4 days, 8 hours per day, to clean and stain! That's 2 weekends per summer every 2 years. I, like most folks including you, work hard and really don't want to do more than they have to after 5-6 days of labor. My wife works too and we have kids. Yes, it's the lifestyle we've chosen. I can't expect my wife to do everything. In fact, I don't let her! The less I or she has to do to 'keep up the house', the more time we have to spend together as a couple or a family in the little time there's left in a week.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to lecture you. It just that I wish I didn't have to do anything to keep up the house. I spent 3 weeks painting the inside of the house too! We could afford to pay someone but you never seem to get the results you want when you do it yourself (and you're capable of doing it yourself.) The money we save goes towards things like retirement, college education funds, Disneyworld, and dinner out on a worknight, or somethin'. If you can and are willing to keep and maintain your cedar siding, believe me, that's great! It looks real nice when it's kept well. I'm sure your Queen Anne is a beaut! Do enjoy it.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC