> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > You'r right.
Login | Register

You'r right.

Posted by JackD on April 10th, 2001 01:37 PM
In reply to vented drip edge... by jb on April 10th, 2001 12:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

JB, not a problem. I expected some disagreement especially since this is the way we've thought since we discovered insulation. I wholeheartedly agree that with gable vents you need insulation on the attic floor. Here again I was ASSUMING (did it again didn't I?) that since he had windows in the attic (again I ASSUMED), that they were for ventilation and that the insulation was on the floor. The way KC described his roof (stopping at the wall and no overhang and no soffit) I would think that that anything that allowed air to enter the facia could allow water to enter also. And, if I picture this right, the water would end up on the top plate. I've not heard of the vents that you had installed but they evidently work which might be a solution to his problem. KC I might also suggest you go I listen to his radio show every Saturday morning and some of his ideas amaze me. I don't want to get controversal on this and I expect disagreement and I won't feel bad about it so if I don't respond, it's not because I'm mad.

Good luck with your problem.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC