> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > you know, I never cope, and I never measure walls for 90....
Login | Register

you know, I never cope, and I never measure walls for 90....

Posted by Steve: on November 29th, 2001 05:38 PM
In reply to Measuring a wall by Roger on November 29th, 2001 07:44 AM [Go to top of thread]

one there is never a 90 wall and won't ever be. I never cope because it take too long and you can compound angles of six faster than you can cope one angle.

I rely on good putty and filler to take care of all my differences. Therefore, with this assurance and experience with products, I cut all angles, inside and outside assuming all are 90. then I compensate with fillers and light sanding.

these imperfections can be hidden very easily and no one will know except for you.

One thing, I never work with long stock. I go in and do one corner at a time. I have one foot on one side and one foot on the other. On the ends of these fitted corners I cut the molding at a 20 degree angle so that my straight stock will fit to this. Once all angles are make through out the job, then I come in and insert my straight stock to fit to the corners.

Nothing is worse than cutting a compound cut or non compound cut and working with 8 or 10 or 12 feet of stock. This long stock just makes your cut off more due to the movement of the stock on the rack.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC