> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > You Know ...
Login | Register

You Know ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on February 1st, 2001 03:42 PM
In reply to barn by bc on February 1st, 2001 02:58 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Dave,

Jason and bc are right. I have a 12' x 16' Quaker Shed. I was originally going to get a 10' x 12' and my wife said I'd fill it. Well, I took her advice and got the 12' x 16' and GOOD THING I didn't get the smaller one. Even with the larger shed, I'm out of room AND I have a loft. I just can't seem to hang enought stuff to get it all off the floor!

At the same time, I called my TWP. and asked them about a Permit. They said I'd need one if it was larger than the one I had. (I had an 8' x 10' before.) IF I was simply 'replacing' what I had, I wouldn't need a permit AND I could put it, basically, where the 8' x 10' shed was.

Well, wouldn't you know I wanted/needed a 12' x 16' shed. I didn't tell her that BUT I said why does it have to be 35' from the fence??! She said it was Zoning Code for an UNoccupied structure. I told her 35' was the middle of my yard. What's up with that??? Well, she said she'd deny telling me but I could 'do what I wanted', but if a neighbor complained, 1) they could fine me for not conforming, 2) they could ask me to simply remove the new shed, and/or 3) they could do both. She also said if none of my neighbors complained, why not??? Good thing I know ALL my neighbors and the location of the shed was a 'good one'. So, up it went and all is well. It's been just over 3 years.

I feel kinda foolish now that I'm getting away with what I did. I think I asked about 15 people if they'd get the permit. NOT ONE said they would. Some even said if anyone complains, let them. Let THEM show you the pictures that the 'original shed' was only 8' x 10'. Well, as I said, the rest is history. Good luck! My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC