> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > You have way too much time on your hands.
Login | Register

You have way too much time on your hands.

Posted by Jim -ATS on April 4th, 2000 05:25 PM
In reply to Just the facts dude... just the facts. by Gutterless on April 1st, 2000 11:07 AM [Go to top of thread]

It's really too bad you can't spend your time doing something constructive instead of nitpicking everyone's responses on here. Yes, in fact, I estimated my figure. Live with it, it still made my point, and I wasn't that far off. Your 30% land mass figure comprised states that are commonly regarded as arid, anyway. Since you have your statistics out, and since statistics are able to say anything you want, I won't bother to look up the average annual rainfal for the rest of the country, but I'll bet it's considerably HIGHER than 20 inches.

If you would like to take this conversation OUTSIDE the board, you have my email address on EVERY POST. If you would rather duke it out here, that's fine, but I'm not seeking it out.

For the rest of you readers, Gutterless and I have been "discussing" the merits of my posts in response to questions by readers who don't provide all the details. Apparently, Gutterless believes I should not provide any suggestions or evaluations beyond the information I have been given, and that making generalizations is a sin. I don't happen to agree, and publicly state that my responses are intended to provoke careful thought, additional research by the person asking the question, and to share a bit of my experience. No one is an expert in all fields, and I certainly don't know everything there is to know on every topic.
I am tired of people stabbing each other in the back and making derogatory remarks in a forum that has no place for this. I don't get paid to do this, and I do it for the enjoyment of helping a few readers and the comraderie of the other posters on the board.
Let's get back to that kinder, gentler home improvement thing...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC