> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > You got some BIG cahunas....
Login | Register

You got some BIG cahunas....

Posted by Joe on October 15th, 2000 07:28 AM
In reply to Finneran-Haley ... by Jay J -Moderator on October 14th, 2000 08:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

Jay - "The Wal-Mart paints, the Home Depot paints, the K-Mart paints are marketed towards
the DIYer. The DIYer isn't necessarily looking for quality - They're looking for value. (Here we go ...)"
You just slapped EVERY diy'er in the face by making such a statement. It is completely apparent that YOU have NEVER even dipped a brush into a can of Wal-Mart paint. You also have no idea how stupid and foolish your statement makes you look. I guess now you'll tell me that my Craftsman 3/8" ratchet is of lower quality compared to a Snap-On ratchet JUST because the Craftsman is cheaper. Overpriced SW paint DOES NOT make it a better paint because it costs more or because it's sold in a SW retail store.

Jay - "But one thing that I've used, at times, as a guide to helping me in my decision is, in this
example, to look in the back of a Painter's Truck to see what he uses. When you look in a few trucks, you see nothing but the
paints sold at the Paint Retailer stores." You think this is because SW (and others)is the best paint around?. Wrong. The painter who paints for a living can't buy his paint on account at Wal-Mart. He can sure do it at SW and others. It the same reason the carpenters go down to the family owned lumber yard and pay much HIGHER prices for the exact SAME materials... they can put it on an account. That IS THE ONLY reason they get their materials from the family owned business. After all, they pass the cost on to the homeowner... they don't care what they have to pay. My father was a pro painter and he bought his paint at SW so he could pay for it later when he finished the job. He didn't buy it because he thought it WAS THE BEST PAINT. It would be very interesting to see just how much OVERPRICED paint SW would sell to pro painters if the had to pay UPFRONT.

Jay - "Yes, you'll find pro painters using K-Mart paint. BUT, if the job doesn't turn out right, word-of-mouth will end their business. Just plain ole BULL SHIT. They got out of business because they DON'T MAKE THE SITUITION RIGHT. My neighbors house is peeling after a PRO PAINTER put on SW paint. I guess now you'll blame his 3-4 days worth of prep.

The rest of your crap is based on what a P&L rep told you. It's hard to believe that you BELIEVE everything you hear. Yhe P&L rep is like the fox guarding the hen house. Do I have to explain that too?

Dip you brush in a can of Wal-Mart and then give us your feedback. Otherwisw, you have little credibility when you down play Wal-Mart that you have never used.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC