> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > You Can Take Your Chances ...
Login | Register

You Can Take Your Chances ...

Posted by Jay J on August 29th, 2000 03:35 PM
In reply to Ralph Lauren Paint...Help! by Alan Ulbrich on August 29th, 2000 03:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

I really hate their paint! Just so that I feel better, next time, get better paint. (You don't have to head my 'unsolicited advice' but I do feel better saying it anyway ...)

YOu can try a couple of more coats but you'd be taking your chances. Either way, you're gonna have to put on a couple of more coats of 'something' to get the job done. OR, you can go with a sure-fire way and prime it, then finish it. Hopefully, you're using a good nap at least 3/8". Use 3/8" for the primer and consider 1/2" for the top-coat.

Good luck, and you're a testament as to why I go to my local PAINT RETAILER (found in the YELLOW PAGES under PAINT - RETAIL.) My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: As much as I like Sherwin-Williams (who makes Ralph Lauren), get a better paint.
PPS: You can call This Guy if you're totally dissatified. I think their paint is better suited to the faux finish. (I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this but so be it.)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC