renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > YOU CAN'T ...
Login | Register

YOU CAN'T ...

Posted by Jay J on May 23rd, 2000 08:18 AM
In reply to CRACKED PORCELAIN TOILET TANK by LOREN SCOTT on May 23rd, 2000 04:03 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

LOREN,

YOU CAN'T FIX A CRACKED BOWL OR TANK. AND IF YOU COULD, IT WOULDN'T BE PERMANENT. REMEMBER, IF *ANY* POINT ALONG THE CRACK WERE TO FAIL *AFTER* YOUR FIX, YOU'LL END UP WITH A LAKE IN YOUR HOUSE!

ALSO, YOUR HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE PROBABLY WON'T HELP YOU EITHER. THERE ARE RIDERS FOR POLICIES BUT IT MAY NOT COVER A LEAK FROM A CRACKED TOILET BOWL. I'D HATE TO HAVE IT HAPPEN AND FIND OUT LATER THAT IT'S NOT COVERED. BESIDES, IT'S A LOT CHEAPER AND A LOT LESS DISRUPTIVE TO REPLACE A TOILET THAN IT IS TO HAVE ALL KINDS OF DUST AND GRIME AND SUCH AROUND THE HOUSE WHILE THE FIX IT BEING MADE. JUST TAKE A MOMENT AND THINK OF THE DAMAGE THAT CAN BE CAUSED, SEEN AND UNSEEN, FROM A CRACKED TOILET BOWL THAT'S BEEN RUNNING FOR 8 HOURS! IT'S PRICELESS.

MY BEST TO YA AND HOPE THIS HELPS.

JAY J

PS: SORRY FOR USING CAPITAL LETTERS. I'M ASSUMING YOU'RE USING THEM BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOME DIFFICULTY READING THE lower-case LETTERING. THAT'S OK, BUT IF YOU ARE ABLE TO USE LOWER CASE LETTERING, IT WOULD PERSONALLY GIVE ME LESS OF A HEADACHE TO READ ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC