> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > You Asked ...
Login | Register

You Asked ...

Posted by Jay J on December 8th, 1998 07:50 AM
In reply to Where is the problem? by Dr Home on December 7th, 1998 06:58 PM [Go to top of thread]

Dear Dr. Home,

Like you and everyone else who posts follow-ups on the forum, it's obvious that helping folks is not where the 'trouble' lies. And you're right, the new forum is not that difficult to navigate.

One thing you're not aware of is that I, personally (and perhaps others), peruse more than one forum. As you know, when dealing with volume, you want to maximize your gain, or in this case, your ability to contribute and receive self-satisfaction. If you took the time to peruse just one forum, I can see your point. Plus, maybe you're just interested in a subject or 2 or 3. But when you peruse 3 or 4 OTHER forums, the 'new' format gets to be a real chore. I applaud you and everyone else who contributes their time and eneregy to even just one forum, and likewise, I'm sure the receiptiants of all the advise are grateful too. But for me, personally, I've spread myself thin across a few forums, plus, I want to do other things than contribute to a forum.

So, in short, the old forum helps maximize my time so I can help OTHER forums as well, plus, it doesn't burn me out so I feel like I did more advising than I did 'clicking' around. I'm not emotional about this because I realize I can't do anything directly about it. But if I had a choice, I strongly prefer the old forum for the aforementioned reasons ...

My best to ya and see you on the forum.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC