> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > You are right, I've created a mess. Ouch!!
Login | Register

You are right, I've created a mess. Ouch!!

Posted by Carol on March 24th, 2002 05:43 PM
In reply to I think that she has created a bag of worms by Moderator, Steve on March 24th, 2002 03:37 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi folks, and thanks so much for answering my question. Since I posted it this morning, I have learned several things. One, I am a dummie and have no right to pursue home improvements. OK my bashing of myself is done.
I do believe I tried too many products. I got into a panic about the haze on the grout and over-reacted. So, some of the haze may be due to over-zealous scrubbing with too many chemicals. is what I learned. The main product which caused the hazing, was the ZAP!. I had an older (2 years?) bottle that I had bought off a TV infomercial, before they started selling it in stores. It did say on the bottle to "test in an inconspicuous spot" (I've already beaten myself up so I will refrain from anymore Carol bashing)- but NOWHERE on the bottle did it say NOT TO USE ON COLORED GROUT (grout in all my areas is a brownish tan). Well, this morning at Wal-mart I was looking at the Zap on the shelf and in itty bitty letters, way at the bottom of the "do not use on..." area, it says "do not use on colored grout, Use Zap COLORED grout restorer". Well, hopefully someone out there will learn from my foolhardiness. For me...well, my tile grout has a distinctive haze (or bleaching?) in areas that will not budge, but it's kind of grown on me. Since I am way burned out on this whole tile project, I just sealed it (hopefully not another mistake) and am calling it quits for now.

Call me - can of worms Carol

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC