> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Yes, Another Hardwood Floor Question....
Login | Register

Yes, Another Hardwood Floor Question....

Posted by Dean Reed on March 6th, 2001 03:09 PM

Sorry in advance, I went back through most of the posts and didn't see an answer, well specifically, to my hardwood question, so here goes it:

My house is 53 yrs old and I am the second owner of the home. The family before were basement dwellers. And undoubtedly when they built the home, they immediately put a good wool carpet over hardwood flooring. Now 53 yrs later the carpet is needing replacement and I was seeking to get the dining room back to the hardwoods. I stripped of the carpet and old felt pads and alas, no water stains, no burn marks, no shoe scuffs, no scratches. Now my problem. The stain is beautiful, but the boards in a couple places are uneven (feel edges of boards), and maybe three areas between boards there is a gap/crack. The wood is not cracked just the joints are further apart which doesn't pass my wife's inspection. What are the steps to restoring this floor, or is it needed. Finish is fine, but could use, I guess, new polymers developed for yr 2000? Anyhow, can you take me through the steps that would make you pros feel comfortable. Cost of refinishing 15X12 ft room anyone?
Thanks, for reading my longwinded question.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC