> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Yes ...
Login | Register

Yes ...

Posted by Jay J on February 11th, 2000 08:36 AM
In reply to gas dryer vent by Joy on February 11th, 2000 08:18 AM [Go to top of thread]

The probably causes for your problem can be many. 1) If the attic is unheated, moisture might be condensing inside the duct and 'attracting' the lint as it passes through. 2) The more 'turns' there are in the duct, the more likely you'll have blockages. 3) Is the lint trap the proper one for your dryer? 4) If you're using flexible duct-tubing, it's very prone to this type of problem. 5) The height your duct has to go to push outside may be too much for your dryer, and the lint 'falls back' into the duct. 6) I'm sure there are more but they escape me right now ...

Yes, you can do what you want but consider the aestetics. If you do this, you don't want to 'obstruct' the air once it gets outside by putting up bushes or plants and such in front of the vent, and such. It needs to be a certain height off the ground too (which I don't know exactly) if I'm not mistaken. Do have someone who knows what they're doing do the 'hole knocking' for you (if you're not familiar with how to properly break through brick, and the rest of the wall.)

If you have any more questions, do post up. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC