> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Yeah, that's crazy all right!
Login | Register

Yeah, that's crazy all right!

Posted by Jim -ATS on June 28th, 2000 02:31 PM
In reply to crazy idea?? by JB on June 28th, 2000 01:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

It's an interesting thought, but I think the insulation wouldn't get sucked up high enough to do the job you want it to, and you don't have enough of an angle advantage to control it.

Lisa, you said you do have a foot of clearance under the house, and really, unless you wear a size 22 dress, you should be able to shimmy under there with some insulation and wires. If the setup is actually post and beam spaced 48"oc, you can use two 24" rolls of insulation side by side, strung up with twine and a construction stapler. You should have 6 mil plastic as a vapor barrier laying on the ground.

The worst job I ever had of this was in a crawlspace where they had poured concrete, but never came back to trowel it. Besides the fact that it too was only 12" from the floor to the bottom of the beams, it was 95*, and I had to wear THICK clothing to be able to stand being on the rough surface, never mind the insulation dust!

(That was also the LAST crawlspace I ever insulated, I hire subs to do that stuff now!)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC