> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > yard drainage
Login | Register

yard drainage

Posted by Bill Samela on September 3rd, 2002 10:52 AM

My next door neighbor has been working on a backyard project for quite awile. As this project moved along I noticed that my back yard was retaining more and more water. For eight years I have had cypress mulch and wood timbers up against my fence with no drainage problems. My neighbor has raised the dirt level on his side of my fence. Put 12x12 cement stepping stones (higher than the bottom level of my fence)against my fence for most of the lenght of it. At the bottom of the drainage slope he put plastic and rocks on top of that (his side). I have put drainage tubing on all my downspouts that feed into the backyard, routed them to the front of my house so no water from my roof is going into the back yard. Yet I am flodding very bad. He said that My cypress mulch and timbers are the problem so I removed the timber and removed most of the mulch. I don't thing My mulch or timbers is the problem though. He said his work has nothing to do with my flooding. What do you think? Please advise. Thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC