> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Wow, you have a very infrequent intruder that spills water....
Login | Register

Wow, you have a very infrequent intruder that spills water....

Posted by Steve: on May 26th, 2001 10:01 AM
In reply to Sometimes Leaky Floor by Matt on May 26th, 2001 07:04 AM [Go to top of thread]

on your floor. LOL.

Matt, I find it very hard to belive that water is doing what your speculating. That would be a maze to travel in between the mastic and the grout and the obstacles it has to manuver through to come up where it is.

Nothing on the ceiling, nothing on the walls, and nothing in the basement???? This is very strange. I cannot even speculate on this, but if your set on your theory, then I would hit that exterior wall with a caulking gun and start caulking with a good latex/silicon compound and experiment and over many heavy rain falls, you might just find the entry spot.

Otherwise, I would do a "Jay" and document the situation with pictures and documentation. Put a quarter by the water spots to show size and keep this for your records. When this happens, perhaps show your builder if still around.

YOu know, this will have to get worse in the future and begin to show damage somewhere, maybe where you do not see. It is like a small cavity in your tooth that does not yet hurt. It will and it will have to be addressed.

Good Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC