> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > would never attempt gas or electric
Login | Register

would never attempt gas or electric

Posted by Suzy on April 3rd, 2003 12:12 PM
In reply to PS..One caution... by deecee on April 3rd, 2003 11:51 AM [Go to top of thread]

I'm scared to death of touching gas or anything to do with electricity - I was cleaning the back of an electric stove once and musta hit an exposed wire and thought I was gonna die before it flung me across the room - I can barely bring myself to flip a light switch anymore..

My husband won't get fishing equipment with the money we save -- that money is going towards stuff I can't do that we need - new hot water tank - new roof -- cutting down of about 8 very tall very leaning half dead oak trees .. hmmm OH YEAH our air conditioner is living on borrowed time too!

I thought it would be so much fun to buy an older home with lot's of potential... :-) It has been fun .. and I LOVE DIY projects but everything is so expensive that we have to hire done - and everything is so much harder and takes so much longer than I expect when I take it on myself - that's life I suppose - and I'm the one that INSISTED we buy a house and grow roots after my 10 years of army moves and living in quarters so I don't get to complain about the work it takes to keep it repaired .. lol I just HATE to spend money on a new roof when I would much rather have something cool.. like a jacuzzi - or new kitchen.. :-)

Thank you much for your help!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC