I've just had a flue for a woodstove installed in a Victorian era house (1880's). We had it put just next to the existing chimney, where the old fireplace was (before that chimney was converted to furnace)
I'm wondering if there are any steps I can take to protect against excessive drying of the plaster, floorboards etc. It's a Vermont Castings Resolute woodstove. We're not going to use it to heat the house, but it'll probably get pretty hot. We're putting wonderboard as a hearth, then going to put tiles ourselves on top of the wonderboard. I"ll look in the FAQ for tile installation because I've never done it!