> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > wood foundations
Login | Register

wood foundations

Posted by Gerald in Mi. on March 9th, 2000 01:00 AM
In reply to Wood Foundations by Judy in Michigan on February 25th, 2000 07:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

Judy, I've done my homework on this one, but as you can see I still have serious questions (see Treated wood foundations .60 pressure treated). Now I'll tell you where to get the literature you desire. You'll be amazed at how precise and somewhat varient these manuals are, but you'll lack for nothing as far as construction proceedures. (manual is called " Permanent Wood Foundations " Design & Construction Guide). Another manual " Permanent Wood Foundation System " Design Fabrication Installation Manual by American Forest & Paper Association-American Wood Council 1111 19th st. N.W., Suite 800, Washington, D.C. 20036 . You'll find that while Minn. constructs alot of PWF, Michigan building inspectors might offer some resistence to this foundation, but it is endorsed by HUD-FHA, National Association of Home Builders Research Foundation, American Wood Preservers Institute,Farmers Home Administration, lending, home warranty, and fire institutions etc. I'm not trying to do a hype job on you, but PWF offers some distinct advantages. It's downfall would be the persons constructing the foundation not following the manual religiously and cutting corners. That's what the building inspector is for! Hope I've been long winded enough to answer your need?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC