> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > With all due respect... (was plugmold hell to install)
Login | Register

With all due respect... (was plugmold hell to install)

Posted by RogerRoger on March 17th, 2003 01:01 PM
In reply to plugmold hell to install by alien on October 22nd, 2002 01:31 PM [Go to top of thread]

With all due respect...

Let me start by saying that yes, I really do have plenty of respect for the "journeyperson" electricians that know and do hard work every day, a good friend of mine was a helper for an electrical contractor for a number of years.

I am not a contractor, only a homeowner that has been doing some of my own electrical work, I pulled a permit with the city to make sure I didn't have any issues down the road if I decide to sell my house (where I live, homeowners can get permits to do their own work without being a contractor).

I used "plugmolds" (put 5 foot strips in 2 different places in my garage) and had zero problems with them. The inspector said everything was fine too. I got my "ok to cover" on the first inspection. Covering these took me less than a minute each, the cap snapped in place very easily using only the palm of my hand (per the directions.)

I would only agree that the plugmolds can be tight on space to work with if (for instance) you are trying to run conduit right into the back of one and don't use their compact "wire nuts".

I found that being patient and following all the directions supplied with the plugmold was all I needed to do.

Ironically, I heard (after I got my final inspection approval) that local contractors think that the inspectors where I live are "hard" to please... I agree that I was very careful to check the codes "by the book" where I wasn't already sure of what I was doing, but I don't think I was too tough on myself. I have to say that my inspections were relatively painless. Could it be that one person's "hard" work is another person's average job?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC