I recently installed a ceiling fan in our upstairs bedroom. My attic has older knob and tube style wiring. I took down the existing light fixture and installed the fan. 3 wires for the fan...black, blue and white. I tied the black and blue from the fan to the existing black from the attic. Then the two whites together. The fan was working ok from the wall switch. I installed the lights and in time the light fixtured on the fan got very hot and you could smell a ballist type odor. Without the bulbs in, the fan was fine and didn't overheat. What , if anything did I do wrong. When I went up in the attic to check the wiring, the two wires the were run to the old light fixture and now to the fan would both chech hot with a voltage tester when the switch was on or off. But the switch was working normally in turning the fan on or off. I'm confused.