1st - all wiring should be done by a qualified and licensed electrician. Check with your insurance company to see if they have anything to say also. Some won't cover the house if it burns because of faulty wiring and it wasn't done by a proper person. Get a copy of the latest National Electrical Code book from your local electrical dealer. It will cost money, but not as muchas a new house if you do it wrong. The Code book has "all" the rquirements for safe wiring, if you follow it, you should be safe. But you should still consult or hire an electrician. Good luck.