> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Window wells filling up in heavy rain.
Login | Register

Window wells filling up in heavy rain.

Posted by Ann on February 17th, 2000 04:38 PM
In reply to Window wells by bc on February 16th, 2000 01:15 AM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 2 people found this post helpful

Thank you BC for your reply. The window wells that are filling up are on the side of the house and there are two of them. The bottom of the well is concrete and the pipe has dirt in the bottom of it. We have put one load of dirt in place and we were going to put another this weekend but the weather is calling for more rain. Just what we need!! The outlet pipe from the sump pump goes out the back of the house and then into the ground so I really don't know where it ends up. The pump will run for about a day and a half after a heavy rain like last Sunday's. When we were digging last Saturday, to put tar on the seams of the well and the house, we noticed some black flex pipe with holes in it around the well it was full of dirt and mud and only connected on one side. We had no clue as to what it was supposed to carry since it was full of mud.

Would you suggust fillind in the window and making it solid as if there never was a window there? As for the pipe in the bottom of the well, I think it is just into the ground and full of mud, I think that is where the water comes from to be honest. If this is the case, what should be done? The problem is new for us because we've only had the house for a year now but the basement was water-proofed by B-dry. We didn't have much rain last summer but we had some heavy down pores and never had a problem until December 13th, 1999. It didn't seem normall to get so much rain in the winter but then again I normally don't have to get out in every storm that comes along and bail buckets of water so it doesn't come in the house. It only came in one night and now that we know it is a problem we keep an eye on it and make sure that it don't get that high. We are located in Louisville, KY. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC