> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Window condensation
Login | Register

Window condensation

Posted by Buzz Zurfluh on April 7th, 2003 04:59 PM
In reply to Condensation Forming On Storm Windows? by Tracy Dillingham on January 14th, 2000 01:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I have the same condensatiion as you do Tracy.

I have Anderson thermoclad windows with the
High-E glass. When I bought the Andersons I thought that I would never have any problem ever!

Well..............The sash stops are getting black mold and rotting due to the excessive moisture build-up.

My Kitchen window hardly ever gets build-up of ice. The rest up to 1/2" thick on the bottom 2" of the sash itsself. My humidity is around 20 to 35%. It is FRUSTRATING to see this name brand with a problem like this.

I hate the rotting wood, mold and replacing it every 4-5 years.

I was thinking of Pacesetter Windows because of there non wood construction. My Parents removed thier Andersons and had Von Horn Co. in Mpls, MN Theyinstalled a PVC window two years ago and they paymore than new Andersons for the same opening.
They are happy with that windows proformance and since have replaced the whole house.
The have eliminated thier moister problem too.

I thought the Pacsesetter brand was of hight quality and had two more seals to the window also....butthey were more expensive also.

I have looked at cheaper windows at Home Depot, Menards, other home improvement locations also. There was more preasure to buy there also(home improvement locations).

Everyone wants your money!

I did like the operation of the Pacesetters and the materials they were made of too.

Im still looking for another to compare with. Then I will finally purchase.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC