> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Window Air Conditioner Mounting
Login | Register

Window Air Conditioner Mounting

Posted by Christopher on May 29th, 2002 03:13 PM

2 of 5 people found this post helpful

I have a window air conditioner (~ 8,000 BTU) that I want to mount in my bedroom window. This is a Pella Replacement window with aluminum warp around the outside sill, etc.
I purchased the A/C Safe Universal Window Air Conditioner Supports [AC-080] from Outland Engineering, but I am having problems with the swing footing (the part that braces against the outside wall). It appears that the "foot" either curls under my wrap (thereby bending it outward) or rests on top of the wrap (thereby caving it in). It is almost as though I need about 2 more inches on this swing footing. My questions are these:
1) Is there any other manufacturer of these type of A/C supports?
2) Is there any way to engineer an extension on these brackets or supports that will remain safe?
3) Is there anyone out there that may have experienced this issue with these or similar types of supports?
4) What is the maximum downward tilt allowable for safe mounting of an air conditioner in a second floor window?
Your assistance in this is greatly appreciated. Please respond via my email address above -

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC