> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Willow tree
Login | Register

Willow tree

Posted by Henry in MI on September 19th, 1999 04:47 PM
In reply to How to kill willow roots by bross on September 19th, 1999 01:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 3 people found this post helpful

Hi, bross. If you have a willow tree on your property, you should cut it down. They are dirty, dangerous to be around in a windstorm and actually illegal to plant in out city. One was here when I bought the house and my neighbors with swimming pools hated it.

Willow tree roots go down pretty far. I had to take mine out a couple of feet down. The stump was about 2 feet across and I first tried a chemical that was supposed to make the stump and roots rot away. The stump loved it and was growing nicely after 2 summers. And I had mushrooms growing along the roots for a couple of years as well.

I'm sure that there are chemicals that you can dump down the drain to try to kill the roots. I think copper sulfate will work for this but certainly do not try it without direction from somebody that knows more about it than I do. Buy a product especially for this and use it strictly according to package directions.

Good luck.
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC