> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Why I like the old...
Login | Register

Why I like the old...

Posted by KristyH on October 13th, 1999 10:35 AM
In reply to The 64 million dollar question by TomR on October 13th, 1999 09:36 AM [Go to top of thread]

I peruse this site often, so, for me (and those like me who look at it often) I prefer this (the old) board's "timeline" format...i.e. I simply need to look at the latest entries to keep up-to-date. The other board's format is subject- oriented, and you need to look at each subject separately to be able to see the most recent postings. Alas, for those who don't look at the board often (and are hoping to get a quick answer to a specific question), I'd surmise they prefer the new format instead. Thus -- the solution: A hybrid: allow the user to choose, upon entering the board, a "view by posting date" or "view by subject" option. (If you implement "view by posting date", make sure, regardless of when the post was, that the full thread is available...that is, if the post is actually a response to another post, make sure both posts are available to be read). Each new post would need to include a drop down choice of "post to subject" (in addition to user-entered "re:") This would allow sorting by subject (again, board-set subject as opposed to user-entered "re:") and by posting date...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :-)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC