> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Why do you want to shoot the messenger?
Login | Register

Why do you want to shoot the messenger?

Posted by Henry in MI on July 4th, 2001 09:36 PM
In reply to CCA. by Steve: on July 4th, 2001 07:15 PM [Go to top of thread]

Steve:, if you will check back, I believe that I just said that an announcement had been made and what it was. I did not take an editorial opinion except to remind people to become knowledgeable so they would know what common sense procedures they should apply. Washing your hands after contact, wearing a dust mask when sawing it and not letting your kid eat a hot dog that he had dropped on PT wood are good ideas. If you don't agree, that's up to you since you are supposed to be able to make yourown decisions. But there are plenty of people here who have had problems with arsenic in their well water and did not know it so it is probably not as totally safe as you seem to think.

Steve: I remember a lot of summer camps where some kid rolled in poison ivy to show that he would not get it. Funny how many of those same kids spent their two weeks with a Calamine lotion complexion.

Are you afraid of what CCA could or might do to you or afraid that not having CCA treated wood will hurt your income. For someone with a vested interest, it seems like you should let others know that also.

There is one thing that is generally true--a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. At the EPA site, it did say that there had been ongoing talks with industry groups about this warning for some time. Just the fact that it's only a warning to use safe practices should really be good news. Seems like making a small announcement and really making it on a slow news day was probably also part of the deal. If the trade groups really start to yell and scream, we will know that there is a lot more to it than what we have heard so far.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC