> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Why contact the company?
Login | Register

Why contact the company?

Posted by Chris in DC on April 3rd, 2001 10:28 AM
In reply to Re: PEEL AWAY by hy on April 1st, 2001 03:23 PM [Go to top of thread]

Are you going to give me a refund for the product? All I see is you guys at Peel Away telling everyone your product will work without any caveats. I read your directions on the hardwood products and do not see any reference to oil or milk paints. I assume it won't work on milk paint, nothing really does but plain old ammonia. Peel Away 7 did nothing over one coat of latex. How does that happen? I left it on for the proper dwell time and at the proper thickness. I've tried peel away 7 with and without the paper (which I'm not supposed to need for this particular product), 12, 24, 36, and 48 hour tests. I'm sorry, but I've tried it on three different types of wood of various ages and thicknesses of paint and have heard negative comments about the 6 and 7 formulas from others as well.

You can't be all things to all people. Peel Away 1 does live up to its claims, although it does liquify the lower levels which certainly don't peel anywhere, but that is fine. The hardwood stuff simply doesn't live up to its claims.

BTW, what were the other strippers they tried in the article? Were they all the "safe" ones or not? I don't think that based on efficiency alone, your product justifies a $40/gallon price tag.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC