> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Whoa, Guys.......
Login | Register

Whoa, Guys.......

Posted by Henry in MI on June 27th, 2000 06:07 PM
In reply to Warranty question by Mel Contreras on June 27th, 2000 10:42 AM [Go to top of thread]

Sal, these comments might have been a little different if we had not had the problems with another poster that we experienced. I have never had a problem exchanging a Craftsman hand tool. Several times when I tried to exchange a discontiued item, I left with a much better tool. Yes, attitude is a big help, but Sears attitude has always been great for me.

But you will notice that I said "hand tool" in the above statement. Sears offers a written warrantee with power tools. These warrantees are of limited duration, usually a year or less. However, they do have repair facilities across the country and your local Sears store will tell you how to find your nearest one. They either stock repair parts at the local facility or can have them shipped to you from the central warehouse in Chicago. They have exploded drawings of about any tool that Sears has ever sold on microfiche to help figure out what is wrong. You will probably be paying for the repair and parts. Be sure that you have them give you a total cost for this, including any freight, before you have them start any work or order the parts. You might find that it is cheaper to go buy a new sander than to have the old one repaired. The same facility should be able to get a new logo for your toolbox.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC