> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Who Are You Kidding ??!
Login | Register

Who Are You Kidding ??!

Posted by Bob on May 3rd, 2000 08:34 AM
In reply to Refinishing a seat by Martha in Westport on May 2nd, 2000 07:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

I took some time to read your enclosed article and as I see it, you want to be Chairman. I quote from the article:

Some people joke that Kmart, which has been looking for a successor to the 61-year-old Hall, should consider giving the job to Stewart. (Mr. Hall has said he wants to retire.) Ms. Stewart won't comment on the notion of becoming chief executive officer, but said she has spoken frequently with Hall about the search, offering her ideas.

When asked whether she is concerned about a change in Kmart's leadership, Stewart, speaking on behalf of her company, says: "I think we'd be very enthusiastic about a new CEO."

This is MORE than Wonderful, Martha! Do you know what this means?! This means that if you get the Chairman's position, we can talk about painting (or stenciling) your LEATHER chair! That's right! Say bye-bye to the Scotchguarded acrylic chair you would have gotten if you had just become a 'member of the board'. You can consult Laurie and exchange ideas. Isn't that WONDERFUL?!

Oh, you know what? After you stencil the leather chair, you're probably not gonna want to sit in it, right? What are you gonna do?!

About the SUV idea ... put it on the back-burner for now (next to the popourie.) You've got your hands full with trying to get rid of the X-guy and getting that chicken coup set up. You never did say if any of the chickens made it back to Westport, or didn't they survive the 'jump'? I'll be in touch. Right now, I'm in the middle of waterproofing the insides of my drain pipes. When I'm done, I'll be in touch.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC