> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > white fungi fuzzy and wet
Login | Register

white fungi fuzzy and wet

Posted by Connie Kousman on November 5th, 2002 10:25 AM
In reply to White mold ( Mine fugus) by John 2000 on August 30th, 1999 11:04 AM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 2 people found this post helpful

Dear Bob,

I live in an old farm and my goal is to keep it from rotting away as long as I can on a very limited budget.

Fuzzy white peel-away dripping wet white stuff in a damp section of the root celler. An underground stone culvert runs through it, and there is only one small casement window for ventilation. The celler is 10 x 25 and 5'2" tall. Much rot has occurred. One timber fell down, the floor boards (ceiling)are wet and rotting. Maybe condensation?

I brushed on bleach and water and scrapped the stuff off (got a stuffy nose!), but now, 6 weeks later, it's back again. The main celler where the furnace is, has some dryrot, but no mold. It's stills are fine. I cannot eliminate the water from the underground culvert. The town tried to divert it to another route, but it still seeps through.

What can I do to keep the mold from returning if I can't eliminate the dampness?
Clorox? Borax? Shell Guard? Ozone generator?
How about that musty smell in the heat? My main dining room is there (this is an odd shaped house)
and a small bedroom. Don't want guests to have to arm themselves with nasal sprays and decongentants!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC