> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Which Brings Up ...
Login | Register

Which Brings Up ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on June 20th, 2001 12:37 PM
In reply to thank you by jh on June 20th, 2001 12:06 PM [Go to top of thread]

HI jh,

... My other peeve.

You should also hire yourself a Real Estate Attorney. Sign NOTHING until he looks it over. Don't take the Seller or Seller's Realtor 'word' that what you're signing is, "... just a formality, and means 'nothing'."

Ask any bank if they have an Attorney look over the paperwork before they sign. And the bank does this type of 'work' for a living! The Seller's Realtor is working in the Seller's interest; not yours. Probably anywhere's from $400 - $800 you could hire a Real Estate Attorney. As with a Home Inspection, this $$$ is peanuts compared to the $$$ it might cost you if you HADN'T hired such professionals! Ask anyone that's had to hire an Attorney after-the-fact. THey'll tell you how much it costs. By hiring one now, you've already 'retained' legal counsel.

Oh, to answer your question, I don't think anyone from here can address your 'concern' about the barn. That's where the Attorney comes in. Oh, hiring an Attorney and Inspector is peanuts compared to the 100's or 1000's of $$$ you'll be spending over the next 15 to 30 years!

Did you hear that??! I just fell off my Soap Box! My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: I'm not a Home Inspector or Attorney, nor do I do business w/either, nor do I receive any 'compensation' from them. I say what I've said from personal experience, along w/that of other's personal experiences ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC