> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > where there is mold/mildew-there is moisture
Login | Register

where there is mold/mildew-there is moisture

Posted by chadthetileguy on November 29th, 2001 01:03 AM
In reply to mold and mildew in AC ducts by Don McAlister on November 27th, 2001 05:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

You need to contact an Asbestos Abatement/Removal Service, that is how it will be listed in your yellow pages. They handle all abatements or cleaning of mold, mildew, lead, and asbestos out of your duct work. Hopefully you do not have carpet in any of your bathrooms. If so, you seriously need to get someone out there to check out what kind of molds you have. Most molds just give you alergy problems but some homes I had to go in an retile had forms of molds that cause SIDS in young children and only one house I have been in had black mold, which is a killer. Insurance payed the customer 100% burn down and rebuild for there house. My customer donated the house to our local fire department and they torched it to the concrete slab. Built a new one right on top of the old slab. Your feeding the m/m with some form of moisture. Can't say where it is coming from but mold needs darkness and moisture and if you. If your local phone book does not carry any one qualified enough, call 940-322-2739 Apex Technical Services Inc. They will set you up. All you would have to do is take a piece of scotch tape and swab your specimens and fold the tape over and send a $60.00 check for their bio-lab in Amirillo, TX. and they will tell you more info than you care to know of 1)what you have in your house 2)how dangerous or allergenic it is 3) and who best to get rid of it. Good luck. chad

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC