> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Where's Waldo?
Login | Register

Where's Waldo?

Posted by Mongo on September 26th, 2001 01:37 AM
In reply to Help! My city inspectors are dinking me around! by Bob D on September 25th, 2001 11:33 AM [Go to top of thread]

Where is your electrician?

His contract states that all work will be done "according to all applicable codes...yadda, yada, yadda", right?

I'd have had the electrician on site for the second inspection. Tough to do, I know, but you almost need to get yourself out of the loop and let the two "pro's" have at it.

Set up an, the inspector, and your electrician...and get it settled.

Be professional...courteous...bite your tongue 'til it bleeds. Let your electrician settle things with the inspectors. If he's man enough, he'll step up to the plate. And, he should at least eat half of the cost of the additional inspections.

There are many inspections where, if the inspector doens't show to do the inspection within "X" hours of being notified, that work can proceed. In my area that includes, formwork, footers, concrete, etc...but NOT electrical or anything else that needs to be seen before the walls get closed in.

Have donuts and coffee on site for the next go-around. Be good. You still need to get the C of O.

Good luck. Your position is not an enviable one to be in.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC