> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > When all you have is lemons, make Brass Polish...
Login | Register

When all you have is lemons, make Brass Polish...

Posted by Martha in Westport on April 25th, 2000 12:51 PM
In reply to Martha, are you still here? by Bob on April 25th, 2000 12:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

You know, I think the postman really gets his feelings hurt if we don't have a nice shiny looking brass mailbox out there, and your guests won't want to hang their coats on a dingy coat rack. I've got a recipe I think is WONDERFUL! It's real easy to make and it does a good job of polishing brass and copper. First of all, you start with a half a cup of hot water. That's going to help dissolve everything. Then you add a half a cup of flour - just any kind of flour that you have, a half a cup of detergent - and you can use any kind of detergent, and then we need three-quarters of a cup of vinegar.
Now the next thing you add is about a third of a cup of lemon juice. Now you could squeeze the lemon juice like I do, or you could just use your Costco bottle of REALEMON. It's a good thing.
Now, of course, you've gotta mix this stuff up. And after you get it all mixed up, all you need to do is take a hand made rag (use an old athletic sock) and dip in here and cover the surface.
Now you have to leave this on here for about 15 minutes and then you come back with a dry cloth (A clean athletic sock) and you start rubbing.

Now, it will look just WONDERFUL!

Bob, you old rascal you! The neighbors are still confusing my chickens! I've finished stenciling my driveway, and I've started stenciling the cars. Do you have a good way to remove the factory pinstriping?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC