> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What to do.....
Login | Register

What to do.....

Posted by Joe. C. on September 30th, 1998 08:38 AM
In reply to Fridge! by Lucky on September 29th, 1998 06:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

My dad, having been in the appliance business for 35+ years would tell you the following and so would I since I worked with him when I was much younger. The very first thing you need to do and can do yourself is to clean the coils. Most likely you have coils under the frig along with a small blower motor. Check to see/hear that the blower motor is running when the frig is on. Next remove the front grill at the very bottom. It pops on and off. Get a vac and suck the lint and dirt out from around and on the coils. You may gain access to the coils at the back of the frig also. UNPLUG it though before you start. If I had a nickel for everytime I saw my dad do this or I did it myself and the frig started to cool properly I would be worth BILLIONS. In fact, on many occasions, the frig was taken outside and leaned over and a water hose was used to do the job. One has to be careful not to wet the blower motor and the contacts on the compressor. If this does not solve your problem you could have a thermostat or freon problem. I just cleaned out my neighbors coils yesterday. Checkout the following sites for more trouble shooting. and These sites are very good.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC