> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What To Do ...
Login | Register

What To Do ...

Posted by Jay J on August 10th, 2000 10:44 AM
In reply to Pigment removal from unpainted brick by Bill La Van on August 10th, 2000 07:54 AM [Go to top of thread]

I don't know what to say about what's going on on the Forum. I've gotten dragged into 'it', like it's my fault. Every now and then, these folks 'show up'. Apparently, he finds a peverse pleasure in taking someone else's post and attaching my name to it. To him, it's just entertainment. The Forum is suppose to be self-policing but apparently it's not working. From e-mails I've received in the past, this 'old BBS' is going away very soon. There's a NEW BBS but I'm not sure if I'm going to go there. It's just too much clicking to get around. WE'll see ...

To answer your question, stains caused from minor chalking can usually be removed with a trisodium phosphate mixture of about 1/4 cup to 1 gallon of, warm water, and a moderately stiff bristle brush. You should wear rubber gloves and some sort of protective eyewear. If this doesn't work, try muriatic acid, 1 part acid - 10 parts water. I know you ruled it out but that's the next step. (You can wait 'till Fall when the plants go dormant.) Just keep the ground 'wet'. The next thing is a good power washing. YOu can rent one and do it yourself or you can have a pro do it. You DEFINITELY don't want to do any sandblasting nor do you want to paint it! Stick w/that position.

Maybe someone else has more thoughts. I'll be watching. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: Stay away from the Forum-bomber ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC