> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What's your point?
Login | Register

What's your point?

Posted by JackD on April 1st, 2001 01:48 PM
In reply to THIS MESSAGE BOARD ISNT VERY EFFECTIVE IS IT... by bfo on April 1st, 2001 08:26 AM [Go to top of thread]

Bfo, I noticed that you posted a couple of questions and received answers. Were the answers not satisfactory? You also responded to a couple of post so you are active on the board. It begs the question as to why you didn't respond to all of those unanswered queries? As was stated earlier, some queries only require one answer, such as "I have 12/2 sheathed electrical cable with ground, which color do I use for the ground?" Only one answer! Others, due to different experiences, have numerous answers such as paint questions. Some are lacking so much information that we don't even know what they want. And as Henry said, some questions are asked every day. The poster isn't doing any of the work to aid in the completion of his/her project. Also, none of us "live" on this board and many of us are active on several boards and may only get to each one once a day. We try to help as many people as possible and tend to shy away from those questions that we have already answered dozens of times. We like a challenge too. This board has helped many people successfully complete their projects and we have absolutely no idea how it came out. I noticed that on neither of your post did you respond after they were answered. We get a lot of that. You wouldn't go up to the counter at the hardware store, ask a question and then walk away without thanking that person, would you? Yet, it's done here all the time. The only payment we receive is the "Thank You" and the feedback on how the project turned out. Feedback also serves to increase our knowledge. I think it's great that there's a place where you can draw on so much expertise in so many different disciplines and receive free advice. I just wish that all these people lived in my neighborhood but since they don't, this board is the next best thing. Besides, this is one of the few boards that I'm on that someone hasn't tried to turn it into a religious or political forum.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC