> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What's the deal?
Login | Register

What's the deal?

Posted by Jim -ATS on March 17th, 2000 12:49 PM
In reply to like I said...... by Gutterless on March 17th, 2000 06:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

Are you a regular poster to this board? Gutterless is not your name, do you have one you are willing to share? Do you feel the need to be oppositional with me for the sake of fun, to be obnoxious, or what?

There are basic limitations for anyone who answers questions on this board. The person who posts a request for information or expertise needs to provide a clear and complete description of their situation. Due to the limitations of the english language, differing geographic-climate induced building techniques on the part of the person responding to the post, and differing use of terminology, it is not always possible to convey that necessary clear picture of the situation.

Anyone who posts a question on this board, or reads the questions and answers should know two things:

1. You get what you pay for, this advice is free, and it is possible, due to the conditions I described above, that the advice is worth the same.

2. Because of the conditions described above, all answers on this board are not universally true in every case. If the poster who asked the question left out an important piece of information, (like he lives in Texas) then obviously, the "generally true" advice would be affected by that.

I can only answer questions to the extent of the information provided by them. The answers I give are my own opinion, and you are certainly encouraged to share your constructive input as well. Don't by any means think I have just invited you to criticize my answers or suggestions on the basis that I am being unproffesional or incomplete in my analysis. I do this for free. If you don't like my answers, answer the question yourself and move on. If you disagree with what I say, my email address is on EVERY POST.

Gutterless, I invite you specifically to email me, so we can clear the air.

Best regards,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC