> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > What Kristy said...
Login | Register

What Kristy said...

Posted by Jim -ATS on June 16th, 2000 02:33 PM
In reply to Suggestions by Kristy on June 16th, 2000 01:47 PM [Go to top of thread]

As a general contractor, I don't want to be pigeonholed into answering posts only in one area of construction or how to stuff. At the same time, I want the other posters to be aware of what I'm doing so that if I am off my rocker, they can come to my rescue and tell me how screwed up my idea was, or what have you. This is an important safeguard. In addition, by being able to EASILY read the other regulars are posting, along with topics that are not within my area of experience, I have the opportunity to learn new things and meet interesting people. (Kind of what the Navy tried to sell me, but I saw through that one!)
So, in a nutshell, that's what I don't like about the "new" board. I do wish that the information we pump into this board could be extracted and sorted in a useful way, but I'm not sure how that could be done. I would love to be able to direct a reader to "Concrete 101-103" without having to risk those posts falling off the end of the board into hyperspace, and without having to retype all that information. The FAQ's would work for that if they were updated regularly, and maybe organized with a searchable index by topic. Gee, wouldn't it be loverly?!!!

Anyway, that's where I'm at. If this board goes away, and nothing remotely similar is put in its place, I'll spend more time actually working for money. (Not my preference, but not awful either...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC